Frequently Asked Questions
What are self-marketing documents?
Self-marketing documents are any documents you use to market yourself to potential employers during a job search, including resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, career bios, etc.
What is the Process?
Professional Branding & Resume Regeneration Services Process
- Schedule an introductory chat to learn more.
- Schedule your Resume Strategy Session.
- Fill out a simple questionnaire.
- Send job postings to your master resume writer.
- Prepare your accomplishment stories for your conversation with your resume writer using our “How to Prepare” document.
- Have your consultative resume strategy session to work on your branding and share your achievements with your master resume writer.
- Receive your resume, LI profile and/or cover letter within 5 business days.
- Have your educational follow-up “changes and edits” conversation with your master resume writer.
- Unlimited edits within two weeks of delivery. Prioritized to get your finished documents in hand as quickly as possible.
- Receive proofed final documents in three file formats – Word, PDF, and ASCII
- Start your job search with confidence!
- Share your brand with confidence and leverage it throughout your job search, all the way to negotiating your offer!
- We’ll keep in touch to see how things are going. We are invested in your success!
What is ATS?
ATS stands for Applicant Tracking Software. Most companies use an ATS system to help them sort and scan resumes submitted for open positions. Some ATS programs score resumes based on relevance to the job posting and assign them a score. Keywords are still important for ATS programs that do not score based on relevance because HR and/or the talent acquisition team will input keywords from the open postings to pull up resumes that align best with the open positions. While not the most important part of writing a resume, it is important to pay attention to keywords. We do our best to optimize your resume for keywords and educate you on how to refine the keywords in your resume for each application. We have designed our templates to make this very easy for you.
What is an ASCII resume?
Pronounced “askee.” It is a text version of your resume that is best for online submissions where an Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) will be scanning your resume for keywords before a human ever sees it. ATS systems can be finicky in that they don’t like all the formatting of a typical resume. Nor do they like PDF versions of resumes. The ASCII has removed all the special formatting making your resume ATS friendly.
What are your business hours?
Our hours are 8 AM – 8 PM EST, Monday through Friday.
RT&M Group will assign resumes to resume writers during those hours. Services ordered after hours will be assigned at the start of the next business day.
What holidays do you observe?
We’re closed on Good Friday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Day After, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Year’s Day.
Services ordered on holidays will be assigned at the start of the next business day.
All sales are final for Resume Refresh, Resume Renewal and Rent-A-Resume-Writer services, but there will be multiple drafts and revisions to ensure your satisfaction. Our resume writers will work with you throughout the revision period until you are satisfied with your resume.
The refund policy is different for our white glove Professional Branding and Resume Regeneration services. A member of our team will be happy to discuss it with you during your introductory chat.
We promise you will receive an interview call within 60 days of the order completion. Just in case you don’t see the promised results, we’d be happy to rewrite it again free of charge.
** Guarantee only valid with RESUME WRITING services. No rewrites are given before 60 days after order completion. No rewrites are given beyond 90 days after order completion. An “interview” is assumed to be any and all interactive contact from a recruiter, employer, hiring agent or company that came about as a result of sending out your resume. This contact includes email, phone or personal correspondence or interaction. The guarantee constitutes up to, but not exceeding, two separate rounds of re-writes.